Here are some pictures of our new puppy Riley:




Max was already getting really big, but now that we have a tiny puppy to compare him too, he looks like a GIANT!!! He loves having a friend to play with though. Well, most of the time, when he isn't super jealous. I forgot how much work puppies can be, and he sure has been keeping us awake, but we still love him. haha. His personality is WAY different than Max's. He's way way way way way more hyper and playful, chews on everything in sight, and is REALLY tough for a 8 week old. We were thinking about calling him boxer, because if you hold him, he bats his paws at you like hes trying to box you. But, some good things about his personality being different are: he doesn't whine during care rides AT ALL, doesnt whine all the time, and he loves his kennel. Max was pretty much opposite as a puppy. Sometimes when we cant find Riley, we look around and find he walked into his kennel by himself. He learned to do it by himself after about 1 day.
As for what else is new with us, I havent read any of the books I posted about yet, and havent been working out for the past 3 or so weeks either. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into exercising more, and reading too soon. Devin has been running alot, trying to train for the upcoming PF Changs marathon later this year.
Another thing thats happened soon is; I had to get an Electromyography(EMG) done to figure out whats wrong with my foot. First I was referred to a podiatrist, who then referred me to a neurologist to see if I had a nerve problem in my leg or lower back possibly. I had NOOOOOO idea what I was getting my self into when going in to get the EMG done. Im sure everyone has shocked them self before. Well, imagine that, only 10 thousand times stronger over and over and over. Kind of like electrocuting yourself on purpose. I seriously HATE shocking myself, so it was PURE TORTURE for me. Then, halfway through getting shocked to death the neurologist told me he was gonna stick NEEDLES into my muscles to listen to them. I thought "YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT?!?!?!?!". I absolutely HATE needles. He wasn't kidding. I'm sure there are MUCH worse medical procedures that i could have had to possibly go through, but thats one i REALLY hope i don't have to do again. So, it ended up I don't have a nerve problem after all, and my foot problem is probably a neuroma. Heres a picture that explains what that is:
A neuroma is a thickening of nerve tissue that may develop in various parts of the body. The most common neuroma in the foot is a Morton's neuroma, which occurs at the base of the third and fourth toes. It is sometimes referred to as an intermetatarsal neuroma. "Intermetatarsal" describes its location - in the ball of the foot between the metatarsal bones (the bones extending from the toes to the midfoot). Neuromas may also occur in other locations in the foot.



9 comments:
Your new puppy looks really cute! So you named it Riley huh. I forget what name Devin wanted (Marley or something?) So Maxie boy likes him OK or is he still jealous? Do they play together? So, sounds like you had some awful medical procedures. What do you need to do for your foot? I hope it gets better for you. I know what a pain (literally and figuratively) my achilles tendon has been and it's taking so much longer to heal than I ever thought. Well, call sometime and let me know how you guys are. Devin, congrats on the new job!
cute new puppy! Josh and I were laughing that he looks smaller than the tv remote. Great for Devin's new job. I've never heard of a tomography tech, is it like an x-ray or CT tech? Will he be in school this summer too? Yikes about the EMG test!! I would have freaked out too! esp. not knowing what it was beforehand!! But I guess that's good you don't have a nerve problem though. Is your foot hurting you a lot??
oh, I'm so jealous, I want a chiuaua so bad. He's cute!
Kim, check out my blog cuz I'm trying to start a Legler Family blog and I hope you guys will join in. Love ya,
Mom
Aaaaw..so cute! I want a puppy now... :-)
Cuuuute! I already saw those pictures though.
Hey Kimmie,
What "new" things are happening? I'd love to hear from you more often. You ran off the other day before I could give you your contest prize. So, next time you're over this way, make sure you get it. Miss ya! Mom
He is so small!! Does his tail still wag like crazy?
They look so cute!
Post a Comment