9.10.2007

WELKER WISDOME

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
-Robert Frost

I hope these words of wisdom help start my week out on the right foot, cause I've had a rotten day.
(p.s. I promise the rest of my postings won't be this negative. I told myself i wouldn't rant on my blog, but today I have to. From here on out, the rest of my blogs will be happy again.)


On a scale from 1 to 10, my day started out probably as a 4. It started as a 4, then later became a 1. Yesterday, my brand new car lock got stuck, and the passenger door wouldn't shut. We tried calling the dealer service place, and it was closed. We couldn't really wait till the next day to get it fixed either. The passenger door not closing is a pretty big problem. And, we have coverage to get a free rental car for when it getting fixed, but their rental shop was closed too. First we tried going to a shop to see if it was a quick fix. We spent a half hour waiting for them to even tell us they couldn't fix it.

THEN, we tried the rental place next to the shop, but they said they couldn't pick us up from the dealer. By then, i was pretty upset already that my brand new car was having problems, and that they weren't open to fix it. The fact that I was WAY overheated and the rental car place couldn't help us, and we called around and couldn't find another rental car place didn't help at ALL. And i HATE wasting my day on things i shouldn't have to do in the first place. So,we decided to drive down to the dealership and ask them to help us, and they were pretty rude, and didn't really help us either. But, after calling around more, we finally found a rental place that was open, and could pick us up. They were closing in 15 minutes, so we barely made it. We ended up having to pay for the rental though.

TODAY though, which is what REALLY made my day bad, devin was driving home from work in the morning, and HIS car died and we had to tow it to a shop. And its probably not a small problem, and will cost more than the car is worth. We're probably gonna have to get another new car. Everything sure does always happen to you at once....well hopefully the rest of the week goes better from here on out. Cars are the devil.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

yikes!! I can't believe your car new car already has a problem! How'd you drive it? Just hold it closed??? That stinks about Devin's car too. Hopefully it won't be anything major, maybe just the battery or something?? Just being hopeful for you guys. Seems like our car is slowly starting to need more work done to it. Hopefully it'll last us at least 5 more years though!!